1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Toothbrushes

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by Redd, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Batch300

Batch300 Extraordinarily Uncomplicated

Quip. Battery operated. $45 and $5 every quarter for new head and battery (US shipments - Intl shipping available). My dentist commented that my gums were improved and liked the brush. Reminds me of the subscription shaving service razors/blades - but I like the toothbrush. www.getquip.com

Attached Files:

2. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Veteran

Phillips Sonicare. Started using one on the advice of my periodontist and wouldn't return to the manual variety except when I'm travelling. I've also been using a Waterpic, which I much prefer to floss.

Redd likes this.
  3. LeeBot

LeeBot Guru Vendor

Had to pay a few quid out at the dentist recently (Band C £250?ish) so decided to try an electric and picked up a Philips Oral B - not sure of the precise model but it was down from £75 to around the £20 mark and it's been brilliant. After a couple of weeks use there's definitely a noticeable improvement.

Been using Corsodyl Original mouthwash which is far from smooth to taste but you can't argue with the results.

4. Chico Winterton

Chico Winterton Partisan

Redd likes this.
  5. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Chico Winterton

Chico Winterton Partisan

Redd likes this.
  7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Forum GOD!

I use a regular toothbrush before bed and in the morning I use the Phillips Sonicare. :)

Redd likes this.
  8. LeeBot

LeeBot Guru Vendor

Aye - If a factory owner in China gets a contract to produce a fancy designer item for a big company then there has to be the temptation to make a few more of the same fancy item for the black market. They've got the specs, know-how and materials already and can probably get better terms on the black market.

Redd likes this.
  9. JamieM

JamieM Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales

Acer89 likes this.
  10. D_SM

D_SM Über Member

I have the diamond clean toothbrush and have been using it for the past few years..it's very good but I still prefer the Oral B electric toothbrush I had before, can't remember the model Oral B 5000 or something?!

Redd likes this.
  11. halvor

halvor Forum GOD!

Not a clue what mine is called, but it's a Braun. A few days away using the 'manual', I truly can tell the difference when returning to the el. Just feels more efficient.

Redd likes this.
  12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Cosmic Member

Using the Phillips Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrush at home.

Redd likes this.
  13. chrisbd

chrisbd Forum GOD!

Oral B 3000 rechargeable.

We've had it a few years and the battery's becoming increasingly reluctant to hold a charge for more than a couple of days. It's more expensive to replace the battery pack than the brush, offensive to a make-do-and-mender.

Regards,
    Chris

Grarea and Redd like this.
  14. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Oh Grandad.....this is the modern disposable world we live in today:okay:

chrisbd likes this.
  15. Chief Brody

Chief Brody Veteran

Had a couple of Oral B's - they lost their ability to hold their charge in under a year. Dont know if I had lower end/cheaper versions - lost confidence in the brand after that.