1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Toothbrushes

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by Redd, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Most people on here probably wouldn't be seen dead (or admit) to using an electric razor, except perhaps one those grooming devices for removing hair from ears, brows, nostrils, knackers or palms. Philishave Multigroom owner btw.

No we are the type of manly men who want the feel of cold steel (and dead animal) around their chops. But the question is, how many other people have on their bathroom shelf, next to an olde fashioned razor, a miracle of modern technology - that is an electric toothbrush?

Mine's a Philips Sonicare, but I really want one of the Diamondclean ones. Black toothbrushes? Awesome!!

2. jb7

jb7 Bloke

Oral B Pro 6000 user here - must be doing something right, no mandatory sentence to the dental hygienist following my last checkup.

One thing I would like, is a good electric toothbrush with a Lithium Ion battery on-board. The Oral-B takes about 24 hours to charge and last about 8-10 days.

BTW. Never, ever pay full price for one of these brushes. You'll often see them on Amazon going for about half what Argos might be asking for them.

Godfather, Rowlers and Redd like this.
  3. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Yep, they always appear around sale time, particularly good if you're not too picky about the exact model you want.

4. jb7

jb7 Bloke

There would be a big step up in class now from the Oral-B that you'd see for £20-£30 versus their higher end models like the 6000. For years the father insisted they were all effectively the same, then I bought him a 6000 and he realized the difference straight away.

5. Purbeck

Purbeck Veteran

Currently have a black diamondclean sonicare but have had top of the range Braun, Braun pulsonic, sonicare easy clean, sonicare healthywhite and a panasonic sonic+ionic. I'm a bit precious when it comes to my teeth as I'm cursed with weak molars.
    Of the list above the best is probably the Healthywhite, the diamondclean isn't worth the extra money for a fancy charger and options you don't use. Really, really liked the Braun Pulsonic, if it had a charge full/empty indicator and slightly thinner brush neck then it'd be perfect.
    As an aside - if you are determined to be a manual brusher I'd definitely recommend an ionic manual brush, they make a hell of a difference.

6. Godfather

Godfather Forum GOD!

We use a Phillips Sonicare at home. Both me and my dearest wife. Have been using the same model for about 8 years and replaced it once due to it dropping on the tiled floor. One thing to look out for is charge time. Ours takes 14 hours!!

7. Gairdner

Gairdner Legendary Member

Feckin' teeth cleaning vibrators are for burds and best kept under the kitchen sink. A sooty finger is all you need. I mean have ye seen ma gnashers?

Fair braw:

[​IMG]

Robyflexx, Fox, Nick_S and 5 others like this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Retro Razor Junkie

I used a rechargeable toothbrush for years, but several years ago I switched to a natural boar bristle brush from Swissco. I still use a waterpik a couple times a week to get around the gums and between the teeth, so I haven't abandoned technology entirely. :)

9. Dr Watson

Dr Watson Legendary Member

This is what you want... With a tube of Euthymol ideally.

[​IMG]

Redd, Gairdner and PLANofMAN like this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Retro Razor Junkie

Haven't tried the Kent yet. Tried a Rooney bone handled brush... didn't care much for that, as the bristles don't go close enough to the end of the brush. And Euthymol is good stuff, though I have to order it from across the pond.
    [​IMG]

11. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Marvis is still on my to do list.

12. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Legendary Member

The words Electric Toothbrush always remind me of a certain rumour involving an alleged incident involving a news presenter who slipped and had to go to A & E to have it removed. Funny how you can slip and land bottom first on your toothbrush.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Does anyone know of a source of Philips Sonicare replacement heads that are reasonably priced (but not counterfeit)?

Robyflexx and Redd like this.
  14. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

I have no need for an electric brush. Until traditional methods let me down, I see no point at all in changing.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Unfortunately not. Even Amazon have page after page of homage products. In the past I have simply paid through the nose and bought from Boots online.

Robyflexx likes this.