1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crown King scuttle

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by The Liquidator, May 19, 2017.

1. The Liquidator

The Liquidator Active Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking for one of these, or similar, for a "China Wedding Anniversary", present.
    The only UK stockist I can find is out of stock.
    Can anyone help?...Thanks in advance.

2. SweeneyTodd

SweeneyTodd Active Member

The only major UK maker and supplier of new ex-stock scuttles that I know of is Steve Woodhead,(http://stevewoodheadceramics.co.uk/index.php/shaving-scuttle-shaving-mug-shaving-bowl.html) but they're not too much like the CK, and I should think that even the smaller Woodheads are heavier. There is one UK maker on Etsy, but then again, that's dissimilar to the CK.
    The nearest in shape, and available in white and other colours, are by Korium in Germany. They're nicely made, but don't have a stopper, and are rather on the small side. As the CK doesn't have size measurements (height, inside and outside widths), it's a bit difficult to compare with others.
    I can personally recommend the Woodhead scuttles, and the medium model is £30 ex delivery, the same, near enough, to the £29.99 for the CK.

Uncle Bertie likes this.
  3. The Liquidator

The Liquidator Active Member

Thanks for that.

4. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

I have a medium Woodhead scuttle and its brilliant, had it for almost 2 years now, even if I don't bowl lather I use it to pre-soak my brushes.

The Liquidator likes this.