1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying far too much

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by Holyzeus, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Senior Member

Anyone else?
    I've only used my new Brad Sears twice and yesterday a New Forest Tubby arrived, today a used Romera from the States

Batch300 likes this.
  2. R181

R181 Über Member

Yup, buying too much is common in shaving as a hobby as opposed to just a daily ritual to be gotten done.

Bob

Redd likes this.
  3. Shaverrific666

Shaverrific666 Senior Member

Well..I only just received my new Blackbird OC and I am now lusting after a Timeless.. before Xmas I bought a RR Wunderbar..so you could say yes.
    However I haven't bought any soaps for quite a while. I suppose what I am trying to say is I think you will be quite at home here @Holyzeus !
    Some members have spectacular collections,by the way your brushes sound rather lovely..maybe I need a new brush hmmm :laugh:

4. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Yeah, I don't buy "THAT" much and do try to move on stuff I don't use. Although I have got one or 2 brushes now, and I am not sure why. They all do the same job!
    But then again so do razors and soaps!:D

5. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

I'm slowing down but only because I'm restricting myself to razors available in the UK. There aren't many around as most new ones are based in the U.S.

6. flobberdob

flobberdob Senior Member

I have already got 2 soaps this month and have 5 more on the way. I think I have about enough soap for 30 years now, that should take me nicely to retirement.

At which point advancements in medical science will allow me to have all the hair safely lasered from me face. I will then sell my by then vintage razors for a fortune to fund my retirement.

pj3r likes this.
  7. Sid James

Sid James Über Member

Guilty, 18 straights in about 2 months.

Blackmass, bandito and Acer89 like this.
  8. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

I must admit to being ever so slightly jealous of your straights Sid. I wish I could find some of those nice ones like you have found recently.

Blackmass and Rowlers like this.
  9. Holyzeus

Holyzeus Senior Member

Maybe what I should of said really was not so much buying loads as I go in spurts but buying a lot in a short space of time so that it's hard to devote

10. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Pretty much everyone who has ever posted on a shaving forum has suffered at one time or another from an Acquisition Disorder (Razor/Brush/Soap). Also, if you stick around long enough too, you see plenty of people who MUST BUY EVERYTHING they can get their hands on and then just disappear - presumably on to another hobby!?

Best suggestion, take a breath instead of buying on instinctive reaction. :okay:

Oh yeah, and un-follow posts by @Darkbulb - there leads the path to madness!:eek:

Grarea, Blackmass, Mrchick and 3 others like this.
  11. Dipesh

Dipesh Über Member Staff Member

I've had BAD for a good while now. I enjoy it so it's all good.

I do have too many soaps and creams though so don't buy many, if any at all these days.

Interestingly from the artisan band wagon, and getting variable results, along with a lot of disappointment, I'm now back on to and enjoying the old favourites from back in the day. Remember the 3T's and DRH?! It's good stuff when you dial it in and know how to use it properly.

12. chris.hale

chris.hale Senior Member

DRH is fantastic stuff. There are some great Artisan soaps out there but Harris really know what they're doing.

Blackmass, Redd and Shaverrific666 like this.
  13. Shaverrific666

+ 100 Possibly the best British (Non artisan) soap .IMHO

Blackmass likes this.
  14. Looney12345

Looney12345 Über Member

Can someone take a pic of the ingredients list of DR Harris if they have a spare moment? Looked on their site but ingredients aren't listed. One thing I really like about the soaps produced by the "artisan" producers over here is the ingredients list are readily available and generally use natural ingredients/methods which appeals more to me than those using chemicals...

15. Shaverrific666

This was on my last puck of Marlborough soap:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Prunus Dulcis, Sodium Chloride, Petrolatum, Palm Kenel Acid, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Orthotolyl Biguanide, Geraniol, Linalool, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cl 77891.

A lot of chemicals..it's true.:facepalm:However, when I said "best" soap I wasn't talking about ingredients..just performance, for me.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Blackmass likes this.