Brass General SE from Colonial Razors

UKRob

Forum GOD!
I'd like to add my experience to this thread and to thank Colonial Razors for their great service - I ordered last Thursday and received it today (Tuesday) which is incredible given the very reasonable postage charge.

The website mentions that the finish is not polished and that machine marks are visible, so l was not surprised when first viewing it. My shave this morning was effortless and I was never concerned that I had a new blade in place - Proline. This razor will become a regular. I've added a few photos below to show what it looked like on arrival and then after some time spent polishing.
IMG_0526.JPG
IMG_0528.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG

Electrif

SE la vie
I'd like to add my experience to this thread and to thank Colonial Razors for their great service - I ordered last Thursday and received it today (Tuesday) which is incredible given the very reasonable postage charge.

The website mentions that the finish is not polished and that machine marks are visible, so l was not surprised when first viewing it. My shave this morning was effortless and I was never concerned that I had a new blade in place - Proline. This razor will become a regular. I've added a few photos below to show what it looked like on arrival and then after some time spent polishing.
View attachment 16067 View attachment 16068 View attachment 16069
Lovely result Rob. It is satisfying polishing this razor on receipt. I got the Peek out just after mine came.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
My General arrived on Monday and I used it for the first time yesterday evening.

I echo UKRob's comments regarding the very quick delivery time. Colonial offer an excellent service in this regard.

I loaded the razor with a Feather pro and did a great job in moving down a few days worth of stubble. It's as aggressive a razor as my face can handle and I'm pleased that it performed so efficiently, without any nicks or irritation.

My concerns about the handle being slippery were unfounded, and I suspect that this was because of the superb balance the razor has.

It's definitely a keeper. :)

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Kudos to Colonial Razors for creating the Brass General. A simple yet elegant design that means business when it comes to cutting down the whiskers. There isn’t a blade that this razor can’t use (Feather Pro Super, Pro, Kai Captain, Kai Titan Mild, Kai MG ProTouch & Schick Proline) and I’ve never given myself a bad shave with it. It’s just a really well made and beautiful razor to look at.

A0607CA7-1B1E-49EF-A610-8EDF95D78200.jpeg

lastcoyote

Forum GOD!
Kudos to Colonial Razors for creating the Brass General. A simple yet elegant design that means business when it comes to cutting down the whiskers. There isn’t a blade that this razor can’t use (Feather Pro Super, Pro, Kai Captain, Kai Titan Mild, Kai MG ProTouch & Schick Proline) and I’ve never given myself a bad shave with it. It’s just a really well made and beautiful razor to look at.

View attachment 23788
What’s that handle you’ve got on the general there @Str8Mug ? I like it.