Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Palm

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Face

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters

dowsing

Forum GOD!
Face lather for me pretty much exclusively, going back I used to do a lot more bowl lathering but have found I prefer less clear up and the better prep on the old boat race.

smooth_criminal

Forum GOD!
I started off bowl lathering, but now prefer to face lather.

But I will bowl lather when I get a new soap just to test out how much water it can take and its impact on the lather quality / consistency.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Facelather mostly, bowl- or scuttle-lather sometimes.
@2hot 2trot Scuttles are very usefull during hot summers as wel, as you can then fill them with icewaterthus bringing an extra kick to you Stirling Glacial experience :)
Great point and one that I have never previously thought about :)

Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Mainly bowl as in find it quicker and easier to get the consistency of lather I like... Must revisit face lathering though.

Bizzyberry

Forum GOD!
Mainly a palm latherer, and very occasionally a bowl. But since getting a Maseto 30mm 2 band brush I am getting hooked on face lathering and getting good results with various brushes. There is much more difference in brush feel on the face than on the palm.

Nestor

For the best part of forty years, I didn't know there was anything other than face lathering.

I now know that there is, but I don't understand why. Every second spent messing about with a bowl or a scuttle is a second you're not spending building lather on your face, exfoliating your skin, massaging the soap on to the whiskers, and lifting them prior to the shave. It's an integral and extremely enjoyable part of every shave I have.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I started out bowl lathering as it worked better for me than face lathering. I just couldn't get enough lather for multiple passes. Over time I got better at it and now I exclusively face lather. Just as well, as SWMBO dropped my favourite bowl. In winter I still use my scuttle, but now I just fill it with hot water and store the brush knot down in it between passes. Works just as well to keep the lather warm.
I also find that a good, long face lather is all the prep I need.
I never felt the need to palm lather, as I don't have hairy palms. :p:

jonmaddock

Forum GOD!
Must admit I do both, usually get the lather right in the bowl and then apply to face

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jar

Rollin Tumblin
Kinda both. Often begin with bowl but build final lather on face or start with mug and build lather from creams that way but again finish on face.