Best soothing aftershave product?

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I’m looking for your best aftershave product (it can be a cream or liquid) to sooth razor burn and irritation.

I used a new razor to me on Saturday and I was left very sore in places. I used Thayers witch hazel and Myrsol Emulsion but it didn’t give me much relief to the razor burn.

What works best to calm your skin?

Cheers
Rob

halvor

a most elusive fish
I have a bottle of blue goo at home against razor burn and bumps which burns like hell and leaves the skin rather sticky, but it works. I just can't recall what it's called right now. It is very effective, but it's not technically speaking the most soothing and comfortable in feel. It's left for crisis days. Proraso's pre-creams (which were previously called pre and post) are also good, my experience being with the white line.

Other than that, my home mentholated Mod Cabin Backwoods toing/aftershave is probably the most soothing in that it cools while not being sticky or greasy in the least, just refreshing.

vtmax

Forum GOD!
I never got the love for Myrsol Emulsion. It doesn't work very well post shave and has two loathsome ingredients in its list.

The finest I have used are the Sapon DI Paolo balms.

Other good ones: L'Occitane balms, iColoniali, and the Art of Shaving unscented balm are really good.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
I’m looking for your best aftershave product (it can be a cream or liquid) to sooth razor burn and irritation.

I used a new razor to me on Saturday and I was left very sore in places. I used Thayers witch hazel and Myrsol Emulsion but it didn’t give me much relief to the razor burn.

What works best to calm your skin?

Cheers
Rob
I've used Speick Aftershave Balm after every shave for the last few months, it's very nice, soothing and moisturising. It doesn't perform miracles, but it's decent for sure and a good price/no nasty ingredients.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I never got the love for Myrsol Emulsion. It doesn't work very well post shave and has two loathsome ingredients in its list.

The finest I have used are the Sapon DI Paolo balms.

Other good ones: L'Occitane balms, iColoniali, and the Art of Shaving unscented balm are really good.
What are the two loathsome ingredients? Thanks for the recommendations BTW.:okay:

Quique

Forum GOD!
I like a lot BullDog Balm and Korres Caléndula & Ginseng Balm

For irritation I think Korres is better than Bulldog, but if you haven't irritation my skin more like BullDog

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

I already have Nivea, Dove and Myrsol aftershave balms. I'm looking specifically for something to ease razor burn and irritaion.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I rather like Faena Electron Aftershave Balm, which has no nasty ingredients. It does leave me smelling rather of coconut, and I've just noticed that the label says "Keep Refrigerated". I may have a number of things in my bedroom and bathroom, but a refrigerator ain't among them.
The other two I use, which both contain Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, but are coy about the other ingredients, are Proraso and Lea Sensitive balms.
Of course, the problem with anything applied to the skin is that it may either disagree with an individual, or fail entirely to do what's needed. The search for what's best for me has left me with a fine collection of part-used tubs, tubes and jars of balms, but the ones I mention have performed for me.