1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review Baum.be Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by Rowlers, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Mini Review of Baum.be shave cream..
    Approx £20 for a 200ml tub and easily available.
    You can see what I started with in the bowl.

[​IMG]

Pleasant but light scent, although I don't know how to describe it!
    The main thing to take away from this review it's the time taken to work the lather! I'm just pleased I hadn't been to the gym today! It seemed to take a ages to get a lather and needed a lot of water.. The resulting later was perfectly nice though, nothing to rave about, but certainly not the worst I've used..
    [​IMG]

Average cushion, decent enough slip and glide and it's best trait - post shave feel, it's really quite good!
    However, for the work it took to make the lather I don't know if I could be bothered to give it another go!
    Try Maca Root Shave cream instead!

Acer89, Quique and Nick_S like this.
  2. Nick_S

Nick_S Atypical Audi Driver

Thanks for the review buddy :) I've had my eye on these creams for a while, wondering whether or not to pull the trigger.

Rowlers likes this.
  3. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

I couldn't disagree more.
    Baume.Be is tied to be my favorite cream. Lather thickness/slickness and post-shave are all top notch. Most creams I use (especially ones made by Creighton's) leave a nasty 'snail-trail' slime on everything, but Baume does not. It rinses clean.
    YMMV as always.

4. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

I'm not saying Baum.be is a poor cream, quite the opposite; the lather worked well. It just took FOREVER to get it whipped up... And I get better, faster lathers from others..
    Absolutely YMMV

Acer89 likes this.
  5. Reevers

Reevers Berlin Calling

Baum.be used to offer free samples if you sent an email enquiry on their website.

I would agree with Lee, I found I had to take a bit more time to build the lather and I also found the product-water ratio a bit tricky. Nice performance though.

Rowlers likes this.
  6. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Have you chaps tried building the lather in a smaller smooth bowl (inner surface)? I find that creams lather much faster in these. Not tried this cream though.

7. Acer89

Acer89 James

I have the Baume.Be @Rowlers description is bang on accurate. Nice cream, odd scent and very yellow based on carrot oil. Suitable for those with sensitive skin. It's a good performer but you need to work the lather. The heavy black glass container is also very nice.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Rowlers likes this.