1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bath Soap Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by LeeBot, Aug 9, 2016.

1. pjgh

pjgh Veteran

I was going to write Mitchell's ... but in light of what @Darkbulb has just posted, I'd say Wickham's ... blind. I have no doubt that @Fox will have come up with a stonking bath soap. I'm now on the hunt myself. Damn it! I'll have to bathe more ...

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

Darn, now I have to write a review of it lol

3. pjgh

pjgh Veteran

You will!

4. Uncle Bertie

Uncle Bertie Veteran

Didn't want to recommend it until I'd used it a few times but Indian Mysore Sandalwood soap is very nice. A hard soap with a strong smell as you use it which remains as a softer smell afterwards. Available on ebay and Amazon, I took a punt and bought 10 75gm bars for £8.00. Now it seems like a great decision. tmp_2901-mysore-sandal-soap-1053203435.jpg

SeanC, Redd, Acer89 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

Thanks, I think I've had that soap in my Amazon wish list for 6 months to a year w/out pulling the trigger on it. I might check it out now.

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Member #10

7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Guru

[​IMG]
    You're welcome guys! :D

Reevers, dowsing and Acer89 like this.
  8. Acer89

Acer89 James

Bronnley soaps are very nice and you can often find them heavily discounted

An aromatic experience for men, fresh top notes of bergamot, Italian lemon and neroli give way to a herbal and mossy heart. A wild mint twist adds a subtle freshness complemented by a woody base of amber, cedar and vetivert.
    o3.jpg

I also agree with @Uncle Bertie the Indian Mysore Sandalwood soap is good. It's a bit strong at first but settles into a very pleasant lasting fragrance. It's also inexpensive. £8 for 10x 75g bars from fleabay.

81m.jpg

dowsing, Uncle Bertie and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Reevers

Reevers Berlin Calling

Tabac Original Luxury Soap
    Great scent, I found it sweeter than the shave soap and non drying too.

Redd and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

Funny you should mention Tabac and sweetness. After I shaved with Spitfire today, I splashed on Tabac and for the first time I got sweetness from it. Must have been the more bitter end of tobacco in the Spitfire.

Reevers and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Reevers

Reevers Berlin Calling

Slightly off OP topic, but I have a sample of P&B Spitfire incoming. Really looking forward to this soap.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

Hope you love it even half as much as I do. If at first scent it doesn't take you, it's a complex scent that develops and you'll get something slightly different each time you take a sniff.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Redd

Redd A Right Member

Performance I liked, the scent (to me) is too Juniper-y.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Well-Known Member

The only one: Cussons Imperial Leather.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Are any of these soaps suitable for hair washing too? Wouldn't mind a nice soap to leave in the gym bag...

Robyflexx likes this.