ATG Secret Santa 2017 *Entry Closed*

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Ho… ho… ho… Gents we are GO to organise this year’s ATG Secret Santa.

Thanks to Chris @wazza for organising last year, I’ve “borrowed” some of the information you used previously. To clarify, as with last year, the Secret Santa organiser doesn’t participate in the exchange of gifts... otherwise it wouldn’t be secret would it.

This thread is for putting your commitment forward for participating in the “Against The Grain Secret Santa – Christmas 2017”.

Last year we decided on a £20 limit for the Secret Santa gift. The same £20 limit will apply again this year. Please keep in mind that this is not a strict limit and gifts have been given in previous years that exceed this value, but please do not be disappointed if you choose to exceed this and only receive a gift to the value of £20.

Secret Santa is open to members worldwide. If you would prefer not to post abroad then just let me know when you send your details and I’ll attempt to arrange that, although dependent on numbers and member locations this may not be possible.

Final posting dates according to the Royal Mail website are:

UK Inland Services:
Thur 21 Dec Special Delivery Guaranteed
Thur 21 Dec 1st Class and 1st Class Signed For
Wed 20 Dec 2nd Class and 2nd Class Signed For

International Dates can be found here:
https://www.postoffice.co.uk/christmas/last-posting-dates

I’ll keep the list open for people to sign up until 6pm Wednesday 15th November 2017 [PLEASE NOTE THE AMENDED DATE].

After 15th November 2017 I’ll match people up and send out the details, this should give people enough time to organise a gift and post it out in time to be received before the big day.

Can Secret Santas please remember to either wrap the gift/s or mark the outside package “ATG” or add “ATG” after the person’s name so that packages aren’t opened until Christmas.

To sign up please use the list below similar in style to a PIF/Passaround

Once you have signed up can you please send me your USERNAME, FULL NAME and FULL POSTAL ADDRESS (along with any posting preferences) to:

atgsecretsanta2017@outlook.com

Ok, let’s get this thing rolling!
Damian

Last edited:

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I would add in a rule to the effect that only new stuff should be offered for the Secret Santa - it is not an opportunity to get rid of any auld used shite that you don't want / need / like or is otherwise FUBAR'd!
I think if it's a soap or cream new is the way to go. I'd suggest that old razors are fine too as long as it's in decent usable condition. I agree that it's not an opportunity to get rid of a beaten up soap stick, although some people may wish to receive samples as part of the gift. We're a pretty decent bunch on here so I'm sure that people will only send what they'd be happy to receive or think that their match would like to receive.