Acquisitions October 2017

halvor

a most elusive fish
The Spanish version of the Aqua Velva is an aroma very similar to the American version, softer, less menthol and perhaps more refined.

I personally do not like the Floid and I do not like it in any of its versions.

Some time ago I had a bottle of Floid Blue and it smelled like hairspray.

For properties and for aroma I prefer Aqua Velva from very far (of course, always to my taste)
Having acquired both recently (and forgetting about the Aqua Velva until it arrived from Tarifa yesterday, I find them sharing a vibe (both remind me of my father, and grandfather) but sufficiently different to warrant having both. The AV has clove and floral-minty notes which Floid does not. @UKRob

halvor

a most elusive fish
Lol, no

I heard some people who got confused and bought the hair tonic. That is still seen without problems in Spanish supermarkets

View attachment 19837
I emailed Colomer Group, from which the response was that Floid Blue aftershave in the 400ml bottle is NOT discontinued, only made a local product only. The customer service rep expressly wrote “aftershave”. So I asked Jose at yourshaving to look into it :D Have you seen it available in stores locally?

Gordy

Legendary Member
I emailed Colomer Group, from which the response was that Floid Blue aftershave in the 400ml bottle is NOT discontinued, only made a local product only. The customer service rep expressly wrote “aftershave”. So I asked Jose at yourshaving to look into it :D Have you seen it available in stores locally?
Well that's good news! Will have to look into that.

Quique

Forum GOD!
No, last years I only see Floid MV or Floid Hair Tonic.

It is a recurring theme in the Spanish forums where a lot of people like it, but for three years it seems that the Floid Blue has disappeared but from time to time some store gets some new bottle, so it seems that it has not been discontinued although the distribution is very poor

bandito

Ex-Addict
My Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo arrived, and as much as I like menthol, that's all I can smell out of the tub...I hope the 'Tuxedo' part of the fragrance develops when I lather the soap, because if all I can smell is the Eskimo bit (and that smells VERY strong), then it'll be yet another BST!

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Having acquired both recently (and forgetting about the Aqua Velva until it arrived from Tarifa yesterday, I find them sharing a vibe (both remind me of my father, and grandfather) but sufficiently different to warrant having both. The AV has clove and floral-minty notes which Floid does not. @UKRob
Comparing Floid with Myresol and Aqua Velva, I'd put Floid and Myresol in a very similar bracket as regards smell, with Floid having the overall edge. After just one use of Aqua Velva it's difficult to make a considered judgement, but like Halvor I picked up a hint of coolness in the smell although I can't say it's mint. It's feels good on the face, but in terms of presentation and colour, I prefer Floid and am pleased to read that it has not been discontinued. Strange that no-one has any in stock though.