Acquisitions - January 2017

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Not mine, but loaned to me by a good friend. I'm going to try them and then decide if it's worth my time and effort to join the scramble to buy a Paladin brush or two. From the left, Chief, Falstaff, Lotus, Sherlock, and Sumo.
Happy to PM your friend with my address - want to try the Sherlock and everyone likes the Lotus
Definitely worth the time and effort.

Acer89

James
I've got a black General on the way. Have you (or has anyone) used both the General and the ATT SE1 and can provide a comparison? I think that K has (@N_Architect).
I have both. Obviously the material differs but the shave's are quite similar. Using the same blade, I'd describe the General as providing a smoother shave. The ATT SE1 is ever so slightly milder but not by much. I find the General much more efficient

Blade gap ATT SE1 0.61mm
Blade gap General SE 0.7mm

The General is currently only available in aluminium with brass and stainless versions being released later in 2017

If I had to choose between the General and the ATT SE1, I'd choose the General.
I have five SE razors and the General is my hands down absolute favourite. :happy:

Last edited:

Dj-Steved

Brush Addict
Wow those Paladin's are truly amazing you have a very good friend there Churchilllafemme.

Not mine, but loaned to me by a good friend. I'm going to try them and then decide if it's worth my time and effort to join the scramble to buy a Paladin brush or two. From the left, Chief, Falstaff, Lotus, Sherlock, and Sumo.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I've got a black General on the way. Have you (or has anyone) used both the General and the ATT SE1 and can provide a comparison? I think that K has (@N_Architect).
Like @Acer89 I have also used the General. Echo the comments stated earlier, i.e. indeed the ATT Bamboo SE is a touch milder, and I also happen to find the General to be more effective.