1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acquisitions - January 2017

Discussion in 'General Shaving' started by pjgh, Jan 3, 2017.

1. bakerbarber

bakerbarber Senior Member

Toby has used the knight statue in his Etsy listings for Triad handles before.

I have been looking for one, but in a different style. Saw some interesting things on Amazon US one night but nothing I had to have.

I scored a Rubberset 200-4 BIN on ebay yesterday.

Along with a wood handled brush I don't really know about or have any plans for.

Screenshot_20170110-212438.png

Quique, Acer89, Looney12345 and 3 others like this.
  2. Acer89

Acer89 James

Fabulous..... especially the long handled wooden brush. I'd like to bag me one of those:thumbsup:

3. Acer89

Acer89 James

4. Acer89

Acer89 James

Mason Pearson Super Badger
    Initial impressions: Very soft highly absorbent knot but has virtually no backbone. It'll be fine for bowl lathering but wouldn't recommend for hard soap or face lathering.

DSC_1054 -1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. churchilllafemme

churchilllafemme Über Member

Acqua di Parma Colonia cologne. I am going to use it to add fragrance to the lather from some of my older soaps that have lost theirs, such as Rawleigh's, Williams, Colgate Barber, and Figaro P.160.
    [​IMG]

bandito, Bizzyberry, Quique and 3 others like this.
  6. DamianJ

DamianJ Senior Member

What are the black handles? Where did you get them from @Acer89? I reckon one would look great on my ikon b1

7. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Über Member

I've had one for a while now, I paid something like £22 for mine. It is shall I say a tad floppy, great on a bowl lathered cream though. Apparently made by Simpsons for Mason & Pearson, not that I believe Simpsons use a knot that floppy !

Acer89 likes this.
  8. Acer89

Acer89 James

I paid a lot more than you did. Prices for the super badger appear to vary. Fortunately, I paid less than the Amazon offerings. HERE

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Quique likes this.
  9. pjgh

pjgh Veteran

Just arrived ... couple of attars from Fragrance of Arabia:

Fragrance of Arabia Wrkyd Sawda - Attention is captured by a sensuous blend of black truffle and ylang-ylang mingled with fresh bergamot and delectable blackcurrant. A dramatic signature unfolds with this custom-made gourmand blended with dark, tempting florals and rich fruit accords. The heart is deepened with the intoxicating lotus wood. The decadent Noir Gourmand Accord is balanced by patchouli, incense and vetiver. Vanilla tears add a fluid creaminess to warm balsam and smooth sandalwood.

Fragrance of Arabia Noir de Noir - Rich Oriental scent reveals Tom Ford's feminine side. Rich feminine florals and the masculine earthiness of black truffle, vanilla, patchouli, oudh wood and tree moss add a warm sensuality to this ark Chypre Oriental.

Inspired by Tom Ford.

Tom Ford does some good fragrances, I'm sure, but whenever I give 'em a spritz I just get headache for the rest of the day. These, I guess are going to be along similar lines. I've just applied the Wrkyd Sawda and it's pleasant, but (just like it's inspiration) does feel lacking a big kick of musk! I'll try the Noir de Noir later ...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Quique and Looney12345 like this.
  10. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Über Member

Mine was end of line at a pharmacist. Right place at the right time.

Acer89 likes this.
  11. Electrif

Electrif Über Member

[​IMG] Both arrived today, after a 2 day wait for RM re-delivery.

My first modern SE, a gorgeous silver General, purchased from David @dharte001. He also included a few Feather Pro Supers :)

Another first, a boar Semogue 620

Both to be used at the weekend.

12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Cosmic Member

Aluminum Triple "F" Spinner

FullSizeRender_(4).jpg

Quique, Acer89 and Northam Saint like this.
  13. N_Architect

N_Architect Über Member

Visconti Divina.
    Added y'day in the collection, complements the Visconti Opera Demonstrator I acquired last month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bizzyberry, RSSO, Mrchick and 4 others like this.
  14. Blackmass

Blackmass Über Member

Saponifico Varesino brush (Cocobolo)

[​IMG]

bandito, lloydrm, N_Architect and 5 others like this.
  15. Quique

Quique Über Member

Nice brush
    Enjoy it

Blackmass likes this.