Acquisitions - January 2017

bakerbarber

Forum GOD!
Toby has used the knight statue in his Etsy listings for Triad handles before.

I have been looking for one, but in a different style. Saw some interesting things on Amazon US one night but nothing I had to have.

I scored a Rubberset 200-4 BIN on eBay yesterday.

Along with a wood handled brush I don't really know about or have any plans for.

Screenshot_20170110-212438.png

Acer89

James
Toby has used the knight statue in his Etsy listings for Triad handles before.

I have been looking for one, but in a different style. Saw some interesting things on Amazon US one night but nothing I had to have.

I scored a Rubberset 200-4 BIN on eBay yesterday.

Along with a wood handled brush I don't really know about or have any plans for.

View attachment 6769
Fabulous..... especially the long handled wooden brush. I'd like to bag me one of those:thumbsup:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Mason Pearson Super Badger
Initial impressions: Very soft highly absorbent knot but has virtually no backbone. It'll be fine for bowl lathering but wouldn't recommend for hard soap or face lathering.

View attachment 6799
I've had one for a while now, I paid something like £22 for mine. It is shall I say a tad floppy, great on a bowl lathered cream though. Apparently made by Simpsons for Mason & Pearson, not that I believe Simpsons use a knot that floppy !

Acer89

James
I've had one for a while now, I paid something like £22 for mine. It is shall I say a tad floppy, great on a bowl lathered cream though. Apparently made by Simpsons for Mason & Pearson, not that I believe Simpsons use a knot that floppy !
I paid a lot more than you did. Prices for the super badger appear to vary. Fortunately, I paid less than the Amazon offerings. HERE

Last edited:

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Just arrived ... couple of attars from Fragrance of Arabia:

Fragrance of Arabia Wrkyd Sawda - Attention is captured by a sensuous blend of black truffle and ylang-ylang mingled with fresh bergamot and delectable blackcurrant. A dramatic signature unfolds with this custom-made gourmand blended with dark, tempting florals and rich fruit accords. The heart is deepened with the intoxicating lotus wood. The decadent Noir Gourmand Accord is balanced by patchouli, incense and vetiver. Vanilla tears add a fluid creaminess to warm balsam and smooth sandalwood.

Fragrance of Arabia Noir de Noir - Rich Oriental scent reveals Tom Ford's feminine side. Rich feminine florals and the masculine earthiness of black truffle, vanilla, patchouli, oudh wood and tree moss add a warm sensuality to this ark Chypre Oriental.

Inspired by Tom Ford.

Tom Ford does some good fragrances, I'm sure, but whenever I give 'em a spritz I just get headache for the rest of the day. These, I guess are going to be along similar lines. I've just applied the Wrkyd Sawda and it's pleasant, but (just like it's inspiration) does feel lacking a big kick of musk! I'll try the Noir de Noir later ...

Last edited: