Acquisitions - April 2017

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I think that's a fair description @halvor . It's not Blue cheese to me.
It's an interesting and challenging fragrance for sure. I'm sat here with it now and what's springing to mind as I'm sniffing it is a ripe slight peat/manure almost iodine type smell wrapped in sticking plasters and popped in a smoker for 10 minutes.

Edit: 5 minutes with some rubbed on my wrist and it's like a mouldy old wooden medicine cabinet someone's tried to set on fire.
Mmmm you're really selling it to me.:sick::yuck:

halvor

a most elusive fish
The thing is Blackmass, if someone's bought or is thinking about buying it and expecting something resembling what they'd purchase in a Oud high street EdP then they are in for a shock, just telling it how it is.
Well said. And I'd add: In which case I'd ask if they like sandalwood and recommend the Sandalo instead. Completely different!

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Well said. And I'd add: In which case I'd ask if they like sandalwood and recommend the Sandalo instead. Completely different!
Not much more I can add about the Agarwood. Definitely a barnyard Oud, IMO, and an acquired taste.
You may be interested to know that Manuel is contemplating mixing Oud with another scent, very likely Rosa Bourbon.

And as for Sandalo, it's the most authentic sandalwood scent I know in a soap. It was my favourite of the JabonMan available line-up, 3-4 years ago and has gone straight back in at #1.
It's that good.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Not much more I can add about the Agarwood. Definitely a barnyard Oud, IMO, and an acquired taste.
You may be interested to know that Manuel is contemplating mixing Oud with another scent, very likely Rosa Bourbon.

And as for Sandalo, it's the most authentic sandalwood scent I know in a soap. It was my favourite of the JabonMan available line-up, 3-4 years ago and has gone straight back in at #1.
It's that good.
Surely you like this one, then? A bit murkier, but very much in the same vein.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/mysore-san...sting-ayurvedic-margo-neem-75g-x-6/1019632954

Mrchick

Handsome Avatar
My new case arrived and I added some grippy liner to the drawers.
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG

I put 84 razors in it and have room for more.
IMG_0590.JPG

Putting this together turned out to be a little bit of a RAD killer. I didn't realize how many nice razors I already have until I was putting them in the drawers. I also have enough project razors to last me a long time. I actually killed my watch list and saved searches today. Let's just call it NoBay17

Wayne

Forum Sod
My new case arrived and I added some grippy liner to the drawers. View attachment 11351 View attachment 11352
I put 84 razors in it and have room for more.
View attachment 11353
Putting this together turned out to be a little bit of a RAD killer. I didn't realize how many nice razors I already have until I was putting them in the drawers. I also have enough project razors to last me a long time. I actually killed my watch list and saved searches today. Let's just call it NoBay17
Gorgeous! Just gorgeous.

Acer89

James
Agreed James. I've got it for travelling it came in at under £6.00 delivered amazing really. The Kai's match the 'Goose perfectly for me.
@Wayne. I have the Omega S red version and it's brilliant for whipping up lather from the harder soaps. Below are just some of my synthetics and the S brush (far left) is without doubt amongst my favourites in terms of quality, price and performance. The S brush has decent backbone with great pass-through, it's not the softest but sometimes soft isn't what you want. Here's hoping you enjoy your purchase but YMMV so If it's not to your liking let me know and we'll find you a suitable alternative.:happy:
DSC_3896a.jpg

Last edited: