1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A.T.G. / Personalised Bowls & Lidded Soap Dishes

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Northam Saint, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Über Member

IMG_1983.JPG IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1987.JPG IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1989.JPG IMG_1990.JPG IMG_1991.JPG
    Many of you on here will remember me and the bowls I have arranged on the other forum. Well here we are again with another group buy. I've been in the potters today and we are all go again.

These are made in Bideford where I live by a potter called Nick Juniper. It's a local family business and the style and colours are very much in his family tradition.

This gives you an idea of what they are all about. http://www.bidefordpottery.co.uk/

Each bowl is slightly different as they are completely hand made. They come in the cream and darker honey colour. Wording, you can have anything you like, ATG, Against The Grain or even your name ( up to 15 letters excluding spaces. The pictures above are of my bowls to give you an idea what they will be like.

Bowls will be £15, and Soap dishes £23 which includes 2nd class recorded postage, packing and PayPal fees. I will also reduce the postage if you buy more than one making sure you only pay the actual postage costs. I am happy to send overseas, and the postage will be amended for your country and what ever you want in the way of tracked postage.

As in the past I'm not making anything out of this, just providing a source of bowls and dishes, as well as some trade for a local potter.

Please list your name and what you want be it a bowl or dish, colour and wording. I'll keep this open for a couple of weeks. When we have the full list I will then ask for the money which I'd prefer to be through PayPal. Once EVERYONE has paid I will place the order. It usually takes around six weeks for them to be ready for collection. As everyone will testify I send them out as soon as I get them. No one in the past has had any problems and all of the bowls have been received safe and sound and rather over packed. LOL !

Fox, Darkbulb, bakerbarber and 3 others like this.
  2. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

Are we limited to the cream and darker honey colour? Would be good to have the ATG bowl different

3. Northam Saint

Well here's the thing, yes you can have another colour, BUT. How he does this is to glaze the dish and then when dried cut away the letters to reveal the bare and darker glaze below. So if say you go with a blue it is hard to see the wording. He only uses a very small dark palette too. These are the lightest colours and the one size that show up the lettering the best. It's all very limited and very traditional.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  4. Gordy

Gordy Über Member

Would have to be a different design with a handle to tempt me. I wouldn't want something like the last one.

5. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

What about reversed? With the cream glaze bellow with the dark blue on top, so the writing would be cream.

6. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Can I have one that says 'The Shaving Room'? :p:
    SCNR

lloydrm, Fox, Mrchick and 3 others like this.
  7. Northam Saint

I can ask.

8. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

? Don't you have 5:giggle:

9. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

I don't do group buys. I'm a tight bastard. I try not to buy anything. :rolleyes:
    Edit: Not entirely true... injector blades... my weakness...

10. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

If I get you for secret santa I promise to buy you one that reads I heart tsr....:okay:

Northam Saint likes this.
  11. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Too tight for secret santa I'm afraid :D:D:D

Mr Bigmem likes this.
  12. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

Do you even buy blades or sharpen spoons to shave with lol

Grarea, Wayne and Rowlers like this.
  13. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

I would sharpen spoons, but I sold my honing stones. :D

Mr Bigmem likes this.
  14. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Über Member

Dear god man have you no brick wall to rub against? Failing that i'm sure if you sell me your injectors that your to tight to buy blades for you can use the money for food :D

15. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Food? What for? I have lost just over 50 kilos so far... I'm not kidding.. Took me 10 years though.. Only 2 kilos to go until I'm no longer overweight... :dance:
    Back to personalised bowls though...

Northam Saint likes this.