A quick video and look on the Rex Ambassador DE razor...

kypros

Forum GOD!
I've ordered the Rex four days ago and the order is still unfullfilled. Meanwhile, they anounced a 15% discount code. Am I entitled to it you think, or would it be unreasonable to request.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I've ordered the Rex four days ago and the order is still unfullfilled. Meanwhile, they anounced a 15% discount code. Am I entitled to it you think, or would it be unreasonable to request.
I wold either get the discount or cancel. Offering a price rebate if within return period is common. If cancel, order next week with the discount. The reviews have been positive in the shave qualities.

kypros

Forum GOD!
I wold either get the discount or cancel. Offering a price rebate if within return period is common. If cancel, order next week with the discount. The reviews have been positive in the shave qualities.
Thank you, this is what I was thinking of doing, but first I would like to send Matt an e-mail with the request. I hope he answers this one.

BrushAddict

Forum GOD!
I've had mine for a couple of months now. It's slowly becoming my number one razor. The razors that get most used in my den are: Timeless .95 SB, Barbaros TR-1, Progress, Mongoose SS v1, Rockwell (plate 4) and my Guerilla OC. I find it to be a darn smooth shaver. I usually go with a 3.5 on the settings. I would liken that to the Timeless .95, Rockwell (plate 4) and the TR-1 or the Progress on 4-5. I've been able to try several blades and don't find it to be finicky at all. What I like most, as with adjustables, is being able to dial it down so I can go atg on my top lip and under my nose (2 setting). The handle is superb with a great grip without feeling sharp or pointy. I do have to be careful though as I've noticed with my grip the setting knob can be adjusted mistakenly.

I was one of a few, or several, who knows, that did send it back to RE to have it tumble finished as opposed to the polished finish. The polished finish wasn't so polished (definitely not to a mirror finish) and it had noticeable surface scratching. Matt at RE took care of this at no charge for all interested in having the tumbled finish. I was much happier when I got it back. The other complaint I had was the lather release slots weren't cut very well. They were uneven and had noticeable machining marks. I believe they've corrected the machining issues so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone purchasing now.

Overall I am very very happy with mine. It's such an easy razor to use. Works with several different blades. The blade angle is easy to find. Provides good audible feedback. Even at an aggressive setting (5 or 6) I didn't feel like I was going to cut myself. I did find the higher settings gave me a good razor burn when I went that high.