1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 years of free razor servicing

Discussion in 'Cartridge Safety Razors (CR)' started by Fox, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

Who would say that 20 years of free razor servicing on the Zafirro Iridium was good value for money?

http://www.zafirro.com/zafirro-iridium.php

Given the cost of the razor how long in years do you think free servicing should be?

I wonder what it shaves like?

Do you think they would let us have one on loan for a forum pass around? :laugh:

chrisbd likes this.
  2. Acer89

Acer89 James

Nice find @Fox At a cost of $100,000.00 I'm sure if @Nishy asked nicely they'll loan us one each! He has very good powers of persuasion:thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Fox likes this.
  3. flip-68

flip-68 Über Member

that BS actually makes me angry. quantum leap my arse - it's a blade. come back with your quantum leap crap when you're selling lazers

*storms out, fuming................*

Fox likes this.
  4. halvor

halvor Royal Member

Holy crap, that's stiff.

The kickstarter campaign says 'funding unsuccessful'. For good reason.

That said, I am no metallurg or knowledgeable about this whatsoever, but don't you think that technology in principle should be able to come up with blades that last longer than current ones actually do? And I am saying this without going all conspiracy theory.

Fox, Acer89 and Nishy like this.
  5. Wayne

Wayne Bestest forum member.

6. Grarea

Grarea Well-Known Member

What a load of old tosh.
    Space war jet awesome super mega incredible awesome, quantum mega etc.
    I REALLY need a handle that is bomb proof. That is the first thing I go for when looking at a razor eh?

I don't really understand how it works either.
    Is it me, or does all it say is that the handle is mega.
    Is it a single blade attached to a mega handle?
    As in, for them to sharpen it, do you send the whole thing off?

7. Nishy

Nishy Guru Staff Member

Halvor they already exist! A straight razor :wink:

halvor likes this.
  8. Looney12345

Looney12345 Veteran

It actually raised nearly $420,000 and has another razor priced at $180 dollars using the "sapphire blades". The $100,000 dollar one is being sensationalized (for good reason), but as with a number of brands, they were offering an exclusive product to appeal to the Uber rich, their main product is the $180 razor.

Now I'm not a blade expert, but anything that goes some way to stopping the billions of razors that end up in landfill should be receiving plaudits in my books, not derision. I have no idea if their blade does what it claims to do, but if it does, fair play to them. I still won't get one as I prefer DE's/SE's and (I think) SR's (and you can't get much more sustainable/environmentally friendly than a straight!)

EDIT: Did a bit more reading and it seems the company went very quiet when it didn't receive it's funding goal. So who knows what the company is doing going forward, perhaps not the best example for me to jump on the soap box! The crux of my message is something I stand by though. Any company looking to try and address the amount of waste that goes into landfill each year (with a sensible and reasonably priced product) should receive plaudits, that was my only point really :D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    halvor, flip-68 and Fox like this.
  9. johnus

johnus Active Member

20yrs.... hope that by that time I'm in a nice "Home" with a shapely nurse doing my shaves!

chrisbd likes this.
  10. matteob

matteob Active Member

To the fifth male generation at that price...